Jun 28, 2012

I died and went to heaven, and this cheesy garlic bread was there

When I read about the Mouth-watering Cheesy Garlic Bread at The Small Things Blog, I knew right away I HAD to make it.

I made it the day after I Pinned it, literally.

Look. The reality is, when I made this (on Father's Day), my Canon battery wasn't charged, so I took pictures with my phone. And they're horrid. You're gonna want to click on over to Kate's blog to see MUCH better pictures of it. But let me tell you: no matter what it LOOKS like, it tastes AWESOME.

Cheesy Garlic Bread Cheese Bread

1 loaf French bread
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter, softened
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
8 oz. shredded mozzarella
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp black pepper

Preheat the oven to 350. Slice one loaf of French bread in half, so you can slather it with the cheese mixture. (Our store was out of French bread, so I used two large sub rolls, which worked fine.)

Mix all the other ingredients up in a large bowl. Slice the bread loaf in half, then spread the cheese mixture on both sides.




Slice the loaf (or loaves) horizontally across the top prior to putting them in the oven. If you don't, it will be much messier to cut once it's ready to serve!



Wrap it loosely in foil and bake it at 350 for 25 minutes. Check to be sure the cheese mixture is good and melted. (If not, leave it in for another five minutes or so.)


I forgot to take a picture of mine when it came out of the oven, because we were too busy getting it to the table so we could scarf it down. But here's Kate's picture





I told Grayson, "Someone needs to invite us over so I can take this bread!" It's so good, it's the kind of bread you want to take places so you can show off.

Follow me on Pinterest if you'd like ... I'm always Pinning great stuff OTHER, more talented people make!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...